PRESS ROOM Collaboration Program
We’re Looking for a Super Idea
The Latex Printer at SHIBAURA HOUSE is part of a new and expanding service that we are providing from the PRESS ROOM. To help promote the capabilities of this printing service we are holding an open-call design competition to help us push the boundaries of this printer. Entrants can be from any discipline, whether it be design or architecture or photography of art, we hope that the winning proposals will present new possibilities for future use. We aim to realise proposals that take full advantage of the properties of the Latex printer, especially with regard to material use and scale. PRESS ROOM will cover the full cost of materials and printing.
- Anything that is compatible with the Latex printer. (custom orders are ok)
- Up to 50 square metres per proposal
- Proposals that can be carried out in Japan or abroad within this fiscal year (2018/19)
- It does not have to be an exhibition, but the proposal needs to be in a context that will have a considerable impact on the surroundings.
- We welcome entrants regardless of nationality or age or qualification.
- Reference : http://www.naoyukiogino.jp/kgplus2018
PRESS ROOM Support:
- Printing services, including image adjustment
- Delivery (only in Japan)
* In most cases we expect not to help with the installation
- About 2 or 3 proposals will be chosen
- Proposals will be judged on originality, novelty and feasibility
- Selection is by SHIBAURA HOUSE and ABS staff
- Please send the plan in PDF to the following email. Although there is no prescribed format, please present your ideas in a way that we can understand the concept, the materials used, installation method and context.
-The application closes at the end of July. The announcement will be made on the press room website in mod-August
- It is also possible for an individual to submit more than one proposal
Sawada-san : email@example.com
* Please also send your questions to this address.
* PRESS ROOM
* For features of the latex printer, please refer to the manufacturer's website.
Thank you in advance. We look forward to seeing some super ideas!